From Music Hack Day
Control a Spotify playlist with your brain.
Oscar Celma @ocelma
Ching-Wei Chen @cweichen
 About the hack
We used a NeuroSky MindWave controller to track Alpha Waves in your brain (roughly corresponding to being in a relaxed/meditative state), and according to these values, we control the next song that plays in Spotify!
If you manage to achieve a highly meditative state, you'll be rewarded with good music: usually a calm, relaxing tune by one of your favorite artists. If you lose focus and your meditation level drops, you'll be hit with some of the worst songs ever recorded! So keep it chill, dude!
 What APIs, tools or kit did you use?
- NeuroSky MindWave EEG headset
- python-mindwave scripts on Github by akloster
- Last.fm API for you favorite artists
- Echonest API for selecting the right songs from those artists
- Spotify Metadata and Apps API's