Midem Music Machine
From Music Hack Day
 Midem Music Machine
The Midem Music Machine is a web-based application that can take an song and turn it into a beautiful 3D animation.
 About the hack
This weekend hack takes a song and breaks it down into individual note events using the Echo Nest analysis API. This analysis yields a detailed map of pitch, timbre and loudness for every note event in the song. This map is used to drive a 3D visualization of an imaginary musical instrument that 'plays' the song in an interesting way. Inspired by the visualization 'Pipe Dream' at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjBDfZZQz54
 What APIs, tools or kit did you use?
- threejs - 3D library for webgl - http://mrdoob.github.com/three.js/
- Echo Nest Analyzer - for finding all of the music events - http://developer.echonest.com
- EMI Sandbox
The demo only works in super-advanced browsers like chrome.
- Op.28 No. 6, Prelude in B minor - http://static.echonest.com/MidemMusicMachine/index.html
- Herbie Hancock's Chameleon - http://static.echonest.com/MidemMusicMachine/hh.html
- Music Machinery Post - http://musicmachinery.com/2012/01/30/the-midem-music-machine/
- On github soon