From Music Hack Day
About the hack
You're traveling around Spain, and you're listening to music, and have a special moment you'd like to remember forever. Moodorama is a way to save and share those memories, both visually and musically. The hack consists of a mobile app and a web site. The mobile app captures your location, and identifies the song you're listening to as well as its mood, then "tags" it for you on twitter along with a URL. The web site then takes the parameters in the URL, and renders a wraparound panorama of the spot you tagged, while the song that you were listening to plays along. The motion and color of the panorama imbue a sense of the mood of the song you tagged.
I took some Moodoramas while walking around Barcelona, you can try them here:
Or try more at: https://twitter.com/#!/MHDMoodorama
What APIs, tools or kit did you use?
- Gracenote Mobile Client SDK for identifying the song and the mood
- Twitter REST API
- Google Street View API for images
- Canvas to stitch the images into a panorama
- WebGL to render the scene and apply the motion and color filters
- Spotify to play the music