SF 2012 Workshops
From Music Hack Day
Music Hack Day is coming soon. If you are representing an organization that has technology that may be of interest to hackers attending the Music Hack Day, please read!
 The Vibe
The Music Hack Day is all about hacking on music. People attending the event will be interested in music and technology. This is *not* the place to do business or make deals. If you are coming to the Music Hack Day to show people your technology that is great. If you are coming to do business development, you are coming to the wrong event.
forfait b and you forfait blackberry forfait sans engagement forfait internet comparateur forfait bloque forfait mobile illimite
 5 minute elevator pitches. Show off your technology
At 10AM on Saturday morning, we will conduct 5 minute elevator pitches. If you represent an organization that has a technology such as an API that may be of interest to hackers, this will be your opportunity to tell the attendees about your music-related technology. There will be audio and video hookup for the 5 minute pitches, if you have a few slides, feel free to show them. Use this time to whet the hacker appetite for your technology. You can give a quick overview of your API, show examples, or even live-code a demo. If you are offering a prize related to your technology, this is the time to tell people about it. If you are planning on conducting an in-depth workshop about your technology, tell people about it here. Remember to talk about technology, not about business.
If you are planning on giving an elevator pitch, add your organization to the elevator pitch list here:
- The Echo Nest
- SendGrid 
- LetsListen - Group listening music locker.
- MusicBrainz & Acoustid & Tequila Sunrise Bot
- Zvooq (2 minute prize announcement only)
 In-depth workshop
After lunch on Saturday organizations with music technology will have an opportunity to hold a longer workshop to give people a deeper understanding of their technology. These workshops are self-organized. If you want to hold an in-depth workshop you should pick a time and pick a spot and tell people about it during your elevator pitch. Try to gauge interest and chose a spot that will best fit the size of your attendees. In-depth workshops typically last a half hour.
If you are planning on giving an in-depth workshop, add your organization to the In-Depth workshop page below.
 The War Room (seats 20)
- 1:30 The Echo Nest (30 min)
- 2:00 OpenEMI (15 min)
- 2:30 Rdio (30 min)
- 3:00 Spotify (30 min)
 Fishbowl (Seats 10)
- 1:30 - Ticketfly
- 2:00 - Sonos (30 min)
- 2:30 - OpenTok(videoChat 30 mins)
 Rest Stop (Seats 20, Upstairs)
- 2:00 Seatwave (30 min)
- 2:30 SoundCloud (30 min)
- 3:00 Rovi (30 min)
 The Pit (Seats 8, Upstairs) No AV
 Dead End (Seats 6, Upstairs) No AV
 Remote APIs
 Company Prizes
See also: SF 2012 Prizes
Some companies will offer prizes to hackers that use their technology. If you wish to do this, let the hackers know about the prize during the elevator pitches. After the demo session at the end of the weekend, there will be an opportunity for you to award your prizes. It is up to you to decide who gets your prize. Keep in mind that many hackers will work in teams, so offering a prize that is easy to split among team members is something to consider. If you are offering a company prize, add your company and the prize to the list here
- The Echo Nest - an iPad
- 3Scale - GoPro HD Camera
- Mashery - Jawbone JAMBOX (best use of any Mashery Network API)
- Kik - Two $500 prizes for the best use of the Kik API
- SendGrid - $500 Apple Store gift card for most awesomest use of any SendGrid API + 500k email credits for all teams using a Sendgrid API
- Spotify - 1 year of Spotify Premium for each team member
- Seatwave - Two $500 Seatwave Gift Vouchers for the the best use of the Seatwave API. You can use these vouchers to purchase tickets for your favorite concert or sport event on Seatwave.
- Sonos - 1 [www.playmediaworld.co.uk/sonos/zoneplayers/sonos-play-3 PLAY:3] and 1 BRIDGE.
- EMI - EMI Goodie Bag - Beach Boys 'Smile' Box Set, Beastie Boys 'Fight For Your Right' behind the scenes book + Blu-Ray + DVD + album, Gorillaz 'The Singles Collection 2001-2011' vinyl + poster boxset, Pink Floyd 'Wish You were Here' heavyweight vinyl set, Pink Floyd "The Dark Side of The Moon' heavyweight vinyl set, Duran Duran 'Rio' Ltd Edition Double Vinyl, Chiddy Band iPad printed cover, Syd Barrett t-shirt, Rosanne Cash 'The List' signed CD. Pic here.
- Rovi - 1 $500 Visa gift card and 1 $250 Visa gift card for best use of the Rovi API
- Zvooq is giving away 3 Android tablets and 2 free trips to Moscow, Russia to best hackers
- Zvooq API is not open to anyone yet, so no need to use it to get these prizes
- Ticketfly is giving away 2 passes to Noise Pop for the best use of any of its APIs
- LetsListen is giving away 100GB of online music storage (for one year) to the top 3 hacks, strong preference is given to hacks making use of LetsListen. Bookmarklet and browser extension hacks encouraged, or contact cole [at] letslisten [dot] com for internal API options.
- LyricFind is giving away $750 for the best hack using the LyricFind Web Services
- Rdio is giving away 1 year of Rdio Unlimited to our favorite hack and 3 months of Rdio Unlimited to everyone who demos a hack that uses Rdio
- Soundcloud - Flight to the next Music Hack Day on your continent