The Sound of Data About Justin Bieber
From Music Hack Day
Jameel Syed (from Musicmetric)
 About the hack
There is a wealth of information describing how fans interact with an artist and their music online. It's becoming increasingly common that with tools such as Musicmetric this data can be visualised as charts as shown below. I wanted to explore how this same information could be presented not as images, but instead as sounds. Could a piece of music be generated from data about an artist?
- Full details here: http://jasyed.com/databieber/
- The resulting song is here: The Sound of Data About Justin Bieber
 Which APIs, tools or kit did you use?
- Musicmetric for the source data
- Soundcloud for hosting the music
- MIDIUtil for the bit to generate MIDI from Python code
- Propellerheads Reason for the audio software
 Anything left to do