Wish You Were Here
From Music Hack Day
 Wish You Were Here
A simple web app to play through the set list of the gig you're missing
 About the Hack
A two-page app:
- The 'inside' page: a friend (or random member of the public) selects the gig they're at from a list of suggestions from last.fm's events in Sydney today. They enter the songs they're hearing (using an 'autocomplete' powered by EchoNest).
- The 'outside' page: the poor soul missing out selects the event from the list. Sample tracks from 7digital are played along to a display of all the currently entered setlist tracks. Just like live music (and because I'm lazy), the events are available for just One Night Only(TM).
 What APIs, tools or kit did you use?
- last.fm - a 'geo-aware' search of events (in reality, I just entered metro=Sydney)
- EchoNest - search against artist and title to get unique IDs. Provides links to 7digital sample tracks
- 7digital - hosts the sample tracks. Originally was going to include a 'buy the setlist' option, however the hit-rate for tracks available for sale wasn't quite high enough, most of the time it was whole-album only, and I was lazy.
 Source Code and Links
I has githubz: https://github.com/stoive
I has websitez: http://sthurlow.com/
Upload source soon