From Music Hack Day
 About the hack
It lets you access and listen to your entire music collection from anywhere via the browser and share your playlists/music collection instantaneously with your friends.
Try it out Ymitri.webmusic
Here's a playlist to start you off Playlistin'
- Sharing your library gives the receiver full search of your library.
- Create and share playlists on the fly
- Drag and drop files from library into playlist
- Playlists have no tie to your library and can be sent around without exposing any of your other files, great for promotion, or to send someone a quick listen
- Smart playlists let you automatically filter based on genre, artist, and the bitrate of your songs. You should be listening to music in full quality, not 128 kbps!
- Click through filtering and non persistant list generation
- Share anything you own with a single url
 What APIs, tools or kit did you use?
The front end is powered by a port of Soundcloud's The Cloud Player built by Henrik Berggren & Eric Wahlforss, which has been open sourced and runs on Google AppEngine. The web server runs on Amazon EC2, nginx and the web.py framework. I used a jQuery drag and drop file uploader and mutagen tagging library to grab metadata from the files. All media files are stored on Amazon S3.
Everyone was pitching the use of their APIs, so I think its kinda funny that this project leveraged something else they offered and I was building my own api.
Will open source project. Just give me a minute...
 Get in touch
I'm looking for more cool projects to work on, so get in touch at hi_at_zmitri_dot_com